Chris JK

My 4th kit for SOTB's beKuler challenge is now up at the store: Chris JK



It started out as a birhday boy-themed set but I just couldn't help adding a touch of femme to it. So this kit is versatile, not only for scrapping boys' and girls' party photos, but the fun and funky moments that come naturally with kids- especially boys!

I named this kit after Chris, who I share a birthday month with. Our birthdays are 4 days apart. But he wasn't too impressed with it. When I showed the kit to him, the conversation went a little like this:

R: "I named this after you!"
C: "Oh." Pause. "What is it about?"
R: "When I saw the swatch - bold, deep colors- I immediately thought of you and since you just had a birthday..."
C: "Ribbons and flowers?"
R: "Well, yeah, but there's lots of cakes and gifts and balloons in there."
C: "Ribbons and flowers?"

I gave up after that.

Hopefully, you'll see what Chris can't - or refuses to see beyond the ribbons and flowers- and buy this kit here at SOTB. I kid you not, this kit is so cute you just can't stop scrapping with it. All drawings of the paper-pieced elements were drawn from scratch and it's cute and funny at the same time.

Here's a coordinating free white plastic alpha for you:


I will also be doing a RAK of the kit over at DST, so I'll post the link here soon as I'm done posting the RAK over there for those who wish to play along. **EDIT: RAK now up at here at DST***

Here are inspirations from Pom and Tammy (you can find free QPs from their blogs):

From Pom (with a free QP and a free wordart she made on her blog HERE)



*********
GWWAI game

I'm going to sticky Mister Linky for the "Guess What Word AM I" game at the top of the blog posts. So if you haven't played the game yet, it won't be hard to miss Mister Linky there at the top. As of this writing, there are 3 players.

And oh, there is a prize for that game (since I failed to mention it on my earlier post). Can't say what it is for now!

********

New blog

I'm seriously thinking of switching over to either Wordpress or Typepad. That's already decided. The questions now are which of the two (that will give me lesser headaches like the ones Bugger, err, I mean Blogger has been giving me) and when. I'm having a hard time choosing between WP or TP. I love the site and easy navigation of the two. Two cents welcome on this one!

5 croaks:

Jody says:
at: September 8, 2009 at 11:18 PM said...

Hi Rachelle, Thank you so much for the alpha!! I love the new kit!!
Here's my two cents on the blog switch. I have a wordpress blog hosted thru http://scrappystation.net and I love it. The rates are extremely reasonable, $7/3mos, $12/6mos, $20/yr. This gives you an ftp acct and complete control over your blog, including the ability to provide direct downloads & host your own images. Nancy of scrappycats is the owner of scrappystation and she is wonderful to work with. If I ever have questions or problems, she is right on the spot to help. I definitely recommend to anyone to give it a try, it's so much better than blogger!!

(((HUGS)))
Jody
Munchkyn Scraps

Anonymous
at: September 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 9 post on Sep. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

Jody says:
at: September 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM said...

Oh I forgot to mention, you get your own domain too, that's how I have my http://munchkynscraps.com domain :-)

Pom says:
at: September 10, 2009 at 8:14 AM said...

Thank you so much for the alpha, Rach!! I was so busy in my own little world that I just had a chance to download it now.

A big bravo for Jody of Munchkyn Scraps too! You gave such great and thorough advice! :)

Faye Hadfield says:
at: December 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM said...

i just switched to Wordpress - loving its versatility over blogger