Here it is! My debut kit is now up at Scrapstreet and Scrap Team Shop stores.


A look at the elements:


 
and the papers and alpha:

You can grab your own copies of this kit for only $1.50 at the following stores: Scrapstreet and Scrap Team Shop. :-)

This kit has 8 textured papers and 38 elements including paper and glitter flowers, cardboard windows, curtain, metal and glitter flourishes, a pink kettle, a bird with a chef hat perched on it head and so much. A full alpha in a foil style is also included. The color palette- soft pinks, greens and browns - are all my Mom's favorite colors.

(By the way, did you notice my blog's new banner? All elements in there came from Minda's Kitchen.)

I named the kit after my Mom - Minda. She has fed me, clothed me and more than that, she has taught me generosity and strength.

But I'll be the first to admit that my Mom and I, we don't have a perfect mother-daughter relationship. Until now we often argue over many things- she hates that I procastinate, and I hate that she hovers over me all the time. I hate that she nags, she hates that I'm too secretive. She's been harping about how I haven't given her a grandchild yet, and whenever she does that it just drives me nuts. But what can I say? Mothers- can't live with them, can't be without 'em either.

But what makes her a wonder mom for me? I grew up seeing how she has struggled to keep the family together during those rough times when money was tight. Even when there was barely any money left for our other needs, there was always food on the table- and what delicious food were they! My Mom's chicken adobo and lumpia (rolls) are to die for. I swear, my Mom can whip up something magical out of nothing in the kitchen. She would give the best portions to me and my Dad and keep the leftovers for herself.

Not only that, Minda has always kept the house spanking clean. Everything is spotless, the surfaces are shiny and the curtains and linens are crisp and clean. I remember when I was still a student, I'd come home everyday to a house that looked and smelled wonderful. She tries everyday to make sure that me and my Dad come home to a home, not just a house. That's Minda, my own wonder mom.

If there's one thing I totally regret, that is that I did not inherit her culinary skills. Too bad that this is one skill that can't be genetically passed on.

Anyway, here are some sample layouts from Minda's Kitchen:

 
 

I also got a freebie for you- a simple quickpage from Minda's Kitchen (link good for 3 days only!) :


But before you go downloading, you gotta figure out the password :-) It's fairly easy though:

What is it that you cook sunny side up? 3 letters. Singular in form.

If you like what you've seen and gotten so far from this blog, leave me a croak in the comments area :-)

3 croaks:

Anonymous
at: May 15, 2009 at 4:07 AM said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Food/Kitchen Related, Recipe Card(s) Theme post on May. 14, 2009. Thanks again.

Designed by K says:
at: May 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM said...

Rach, it's absolutely gorgeous! Hope all is well with you sweetie..xoxo K

Carol says:
at: May 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM said...

Hi Rachelle!
Love the new look, you've spring-cleaned your blog, just like your Mom!
juno
xx

***junosplace.wordpress.com***