I'm a little late for Halloween this year! But I can't let Halloween pass by without some cute, scary doodles. Halloween is one of my favorites because there's just so many doodles that you can make of this celebration. Witches and warlocks, howling cats and bats, cauldrons and haunted houses...ah, just the thought of Halloween makes my hand itchin' to get a-drawin'.

So after cramming this weekend, I now give you: O'ween

Available now at STS (link)

There's a kid here in our neighborhood who simply can't pronounce the word "Halloween" right. He calls it "Oween." A cute name for a cute kit, right?

I whipped up this kit for O'ween-related hybrid projects as my Halloween giveaways for the kids here this year. The preview is basically WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). There are no frames or buttons or ribbons. The elements are just pure, original, cute, textured graphics that you can use to decorate your Halloween-themed projects, whether digital or hybrid.

The mini-kit is for personal use only.

But I do have an O'ween element pack that is ok for S4H/S4O:

Available now at STS (link)

This pack contains everything you see in the preview.

No shadows (only slight shadowing on layered parts).

All elements are hi-res, 300 dpi, .jpeg.

And each element is drawn and "texture-stroked". Ok, I totally made that up, for lack of a better description of how I drew these doodles. What I'm trying to say is I didn't use any texture overlays on these drawings. Each graphic has been drawn and each layer, meticulously digitally painted.

Wanna see?









For Halloween giveaways, I made pillow boxes using O'ween:





What's blurry is the pic, not the doodles! They all printed so nicely. I used glossy photo paper for these since I couldn't find any matte photo paper in the local paper stores.

I love creative mess!

I'll be back tomorrow with a O'ween freebie plus more stuff to share from creative scrappers.

But before I go, I'd like to thank everyone who left words of appreciation on my tutorials. You're all so nice! I'll try to respond to your comments in my next post. :-)

For now, tata!

PS- By the way, I did a facelift of my logo. How do you find it?

4 croaks:

Lainey says:
at: October 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM said...

Cute kit!! Love the candy wrappers!! Hope that you'll share one with us!! BTW, the PDF printer-driver software that I mentioned is free. There's also loads of freebies on my blog!!

Hugs,
Lainey

Lainey says:
at: October 26, 2009 at 4:56 AM said...

hmmm... I thought my blog addy might be published with the comment... but it didn't --- http://crainbos.blogspot.com

Rachelle, delete if you think it inappropriate.

Hugs,
Lainey

Indy says:
at: October 26, 2009 at 7:18 AM said...

sooo cute rach!!! love it!!! love the boxes! teach me how to make them :) Love your new logo too :)

Pom says:
at: October 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM said...

Love the new logo and the new kit! They look so You! :D

Thank you, Lainey, for the great idea about the program. I'll definitely check it out soon.