I recently started a project that involves a lot of cutting and printing and pinning stuff. I got this idea from photos posted at Flickr.com and a couple of blogs and have been meaning to do it but never found the time to accomplish it.

I am one of the world's greatest procrastinators. I have all these awesome ideas that I keep reminding myself to go ahead and do it, but for some reason, I just don't do it. I always have an excuse to keep putting it off, and yet I feel guilty about it. The guilt is worsened when I see all the things-to-do in my to-do list that I haven't ticked off. (I keep lists for everything. I am so into it that it's almost OCD, which is why I believe post-its are the greatest invention ever, next to Blu-Tacs. Mostly because I am so freaking forgetful! :-)).

So anyway, this project that got me printing and cutting up and pinning stuff has been on my list of to-do's for a loooong time.

Here it is:


I don't know what it's really called, but I'm calling mine my memory board. It's still an ongoing project which explains the gaps/empty spaces on the cardboard. There's no fixed layout or theme to this. No rule of thirds, grids or focus.Just an anything-goes-just-go-with-the-flow thing which I hope, justifies why it's so messy (haha). 

Most of the photos were printed off my computer (that's why they're in weird shapes and sizes). Then I pinned on it objects like old bracelets, earrings, paper and silk flowers, faux pearls, keychains and other stuff that I saw lying around in my drawers and old boxes.

To pretty it up, I used vintage images offered free from these wonderful blogs: The Vintage Moth and Down Abbie's Road - both treasure troves for anything vintage! I just dabbed some glitter glue on the print-outs and pinned them on the board.

My Mom, who saw this, described it as "wonderful rubbish." I am unsure whether it was a compliment (haha). Trust my Mom to come up with confusing "insultives"- insulting adjectives!

More zoom-ins (warning: pixel heavy):

 
 That's an old faux pearl (from an earring whose pair I misplaced). I dotted the edges of the vintage rose with glitter glue.
  
Paper flowers- I got tons of these!
  
An old flower earring (again, I lost its pair) with paper roses.
  
I love how the butterfly wings look lifted.
  
I simply adore these vintage women! I originally intended to make a mixed media out of these women but they ended up on my memory board instead. Those are plastic beads I hot-glued on their earrings.
  
An old (fake) Tiffany bracelet
  
 Paper and plastic flowers, silk leaves and faux pearl

 A tarsier- souvenir from a visit to Bohol Island (where these cuties abound in a tarsier zoo).
It's an ongoing project so the board will be updated as times goes by and more photos will make its way to the board.

I'm just so glad that that's one project off my list :-)

4 croaks:

admin
at: April 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM said...

oooohhh... I love the memory board. I too wish I had the time/made the time to work on all the projects I want to do. I get so inspired when I see everyones beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing your pics. I love all the details!

Unknown says:
at: April 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM said...

Hi Jan! Thanks! I'm making it a point now to make time to do more stuff like the memory board, otherwise i'll never get around to doing it. I sent u an email, did u get it?

Apple says:
at: April 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM said...

You have some cute stuff here!!!

Unknown says:
at: May 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM said...

Hi Apple! Thank you!